Vegan During With Holidays
Holidays in the United States require vegans to observe and make certain changes. Check out the links below for tips during each holiday:
- Thanksgiving: During Thanksgiving, vegans do not get to enjoy turkey but there are alternatives like vegan turkey that is equally as delicious. If you celebrate Thanksgiving with family be sure to help in shopping to include vegan foods.
- Christmas: Just like Thanksgiving, Christmas is also largely a family event, therefore, apply the same instructions.
Vegans face the challenge of finding foods that are relevant for Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Hanukkah. Lucky for you there are a couple of books addressing vegan diet in these holidays:
- Zel Allen’s Vegan for the Holidays
- Nava Atlas’s Vegan Holiday Kitchen
- Lindsay S. Nixon’s Happy Herbivore Holidays & Gatherings
- Vegan Holiday Cooking from Candle Cafe, by Joy Pierson et al.
Find more great Holiday Vegan Recipes Here.