This is seriously the best vegan cheese biscuit recipe I’ve tried. And it’s gluten-free too and only three ingredients!!! Here’s the recipe written out, I hope you enjoy making it.
100g gluten-free all-purpose flour mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
100g cold solid vegan butter (highly recommend Naturli’ Vegan Block)
100g solid vegan cheese (I used Violife epic mature)
Salt and pepper (optional)
– Sift the gluten-free flour into a bowl.
– Cube the vegan butter and add it to the bowl.
– Rub the vegan butter into the flour until it’s well incorporated.
– Grate the vegan cheese and add it to the bowl.
– Use your hands to incorporate the vegan cheese into the mixture, and shape the dough into a ball.
– Place the dough in a covered bowl in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
– Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
– Line two trays with baking paper.
– Flour a surface with gluten-free flour and roll the dough out to 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) thickness.
– Use a round cookie cutter or glass to cut the dough into biscuits, and transfer them to the baking trays.
– Take the left-over dough, shape it into a ball, re-roll it to 0.5 cm and cut circles out from it again. Repeat until there is no dough left.
– Bake the biscuits in the oven for 20 minutes, or until they’ve started to brown around the edges.
– Grind some pepper and sprinkle some salt onto the cookies right after they’ve come out the oven (optional).
– Leave the biscuits to cook for a few minutes in the baking tray until they are firm enough to handle, then transfer to a wire cooling rack and leave to cool completely before serving.
– The biscuits are best eaten fresh but can also be kept in an airtight container and enjoyed for a few days.
I’d recommend using a gluten-free flour blend which contains xantham gum as this helps to bind it.
You could also make this using non-gluten free flour if no-one you’re serving it to has a gluten allergy or intolerance.
For the salt, I’d recommend salt flakes if you have them, otherwise fine salt will also work.
Midnight Street Walk by chillin_wolf | https://soundcloud.com/chillin_wolf
Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.com
Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)