This VEGAN Gujiya is for you if you are on a VEGAN diet and just can’t miss out on diiwali treats.
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 cups whole wheat flour
½ cup cashew butter
2 tbsps dates paste
¼ tsp green cardamom powder
A pinch of nutmeg powder
10 cashew nuts
1½ tbsps dried dates (kharik) powder
1. For coconut butter, take desiccated coconut in a blender jar. Blend till it turns into a smooth paste, scraping the sides in between.
2. Take whole wheat flour in a parat, add 2 tbsps of the prepared coconut butter.
3. Add cashew nut butter, dates paste, green cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well.
4. Add water and knead to a soft dough. Set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven at 180˚C.
6. For making the stuffing, heat a pan, dry roast cashew nuts, almonds and pistachios. Transfer the roasted nuts in a blender jar and blend to a fine powder.
7. Transfer the prepared powder in a bowl, add kharik powder and mix well.
8. For making gujiyas, take a portion of the prepared dough and shape it into a ball. Slightly flatten and roll into a small disc.
9. Add a small portion of the prepared stuffing in the centre of the disc. Apply water on the edges and fold in half, press and pinch the sides to seal.
10. Place the prepared gujiyas on a baking tray, bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor
Source: This wonderful recipes was created and inspired by…